Monday, September 6, 2010

Introduction to the Chronicles

For nearly a year now, my wife has consistently updated her blog about the latest happenings in our life. Every now and then I find myself wanting to jot down a thought or two, and although it's enlightening for me (because I get to organize my thoughts into words), I don't think it really jives with the original intent of our family blog.

"Sacred Tree Chronicles"

I have always joked about my opinions simply coming from the Book of Brandon, Chapter whatever, and since my last name is Holyoak, the blog title just seems to fit. Aside from this gently satirical jesture, I will also make it known that my writings will have its fair share of religious overtones, albeit there will be plenty of practicality and simplicity.

At first, I do not plan on updating this blog on a regular basis, but rather when I have a few thoughts come to mind I feel might be beneficial to whoever is out there.

I welcome comments and thoughts, and I promise to adhere to the principles listed in the title description, to the best of my ability.

As a disclaimer, I am human, and therefore imperfect. I will do what I can to site my proper references, offer up the best case for my thought's opposition, and so on and so forth. With that in mind, I think it's perfectly fair to remind those of you out there who may not agree with what I write: that you too are human, and are not perfect, just like me. So please, if you disagree, please be respectful. This blog is not intended to spark debates, but simply to provide one simple person's point of view on life.

I'm excited to get started!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandon! I'm excited that you're starting this blog! I love to hear people's opinions or ideas on things, but hate hate HATE it when it just turns into an ugly debate, so this is perfect! I get to hear your thoughts and not have to deal with people being rude about them! :) Look forward to hearing more from you!

    p.s. I like the title - very creative!

    ReplyDelete